Monday, August 10, 2009

Swimming Doggies!

Hi everyone! After another reeeeeally long day in the car (Mommy says we have driven about 2000 miles in the last week) we are in St. Louis at Grandma and Grandpa's house for vacation and are having a blast! There's other doggies here - two poodles named Gizzy and Coco. They are kinda fun to run around with. Grandma gives us lots of treats when all 4 of us manage to sit at the same time in the kitchen because she can't believe how well behaved we are! Last time Yoshi was here he started chewing on the wooden stair banister, so Grandpa was pretty leery of letting him visit again, but so far we have been on our best behavior.

Grandma and Grandpa have a pool! Yoshi doesn't much care for it, but I LOVE IT. At first I was not sure what it was, but Mommy put her feet in and was splashing around a little. I was thirsty so I leaned down for a drink but I fell in! It was a little scary at first because my feet didn't touch the water, but now I like it and I'm not nervous anymore.

Here's me paddling around near the deep end...not a great pic, but you get the idea!

Here is a pic of me, Yoshi, Mommy, and our friend Haylee...I had just gotten done chasing a ball and Mommy caught me!




Here is a group shot of all 4 doggies, Mommy, Grandma, and Haylee. Coco is the one escaping over Grandma's shoulder.







Yesterday Mommy was gone for the day so I showed Grandma and Grandpa how I can rescue people. If someone is on a raft, I try to push them to the stairs so they can get out. I am very gentle and have not popped the raft yet! Here's a short video of me pulling Yoshi around on the raft - as you can tell, he doesn't like the water much. His body is too long so he sinks before he can figure out how to paddle.



That's all for now!

-Cody

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yoshi and Cody,

    Welcome to the DWB family! You sure have a nice big pool to swim in. I had a little wading pool but me and my little brother refused to use it so mom gave it to the Humane Society. Come by and visit me when you can.

    Wags & wiggles,
    Bijou

    ReplyDelete