Friday, August 28, 2009

We were tagged!












We received the "Oops I ate it" award from our friends Bijou and Banjo! Here are the rules:

"When accepting this award, you must blog about the food you have stolen when your humans were not watching. If you have never stolen any food, you must have been a really good pup! You can accept this yummy tray of cookies as your reward! Next add the logo of this award to your blog (optional), then nominate at least 5 other furry blogs and let them know by leaving a message on their blogs."

Yoshi here, I guess I'll start first since I joined the family before Cody. I have actually been very good and I have never stolen food when my humans were not watching. I really prefer to rip up cardboard boxes and whatever else they might have left around of any importance. For instance, one day Mommy came downstairs to find me sitting on the kitchen table shredding her to-do list. She was not happy! But as far as food goes, I generally leave it alone.

My turn! It's Cody now. I used to steal food all the time when I first was adopted. I would "counter surf" sometimes, and my head is also at a convenient height where I can reach the coffee table if Mommy and Daddy leave things sitting on it. Once I managed to scarf about 4 pancakes off of the counter that Mommy was letting cool on a plate (she knew it was me because only the pancakes closest to the edge were gone and one was ripped in half). Another time Mommy and Daddy had made delicious smelling cheeseburgers on the grill and were eating at the coffee table. I went over for a whiff and just couldn't help myself - I had to have a bite! I managed to grab the burger and get a small taste before I was yelled at and sent into my kennel. I don't try to steal food anymore, but I will try to take a lick or at least get close so I can have dreams later about what they were eating...mmmmm.

We're going to pass our award along to Jake and Fergi, Deefor and Arrow, and Poppy the LBC!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Yoshi & Cody, thanks for visiting our blog. We don't steal food, mainly because we are too short to reach the counters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yoshi & Cody,

    Thanks for sharing those stories with us. I think the big doggies have an unfair advantage. I would surf those counters too if only I could reach them!

    Wags & wiggles,
    Bijou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! Thanks for thinking of us... for potentially exposing us, would be the more appropriate thing to say! Reading your steals, it makes us think we ought to get more creative! Some of the things that you two have snarfed sound pretty darned delicious!

    Enjoy our beautiful weather!
    Jake and Fergi xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog and giving me the award. I like your stories. Those pancakes sound yummy.
    Deefor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award! I will blog about my food stealing adventures later today!

    Poppy

    Pee Ess: I love to play with socks too!!!

    ReplyDelete